Monday, January 03, 2011

Feel Safe In All That You do



(Psalms 3:1-8) A Psalm of David, when he fled from Absalom his son. O LORD, how many are my foes! Many are rising against me; many are saying of my soul, there is no salvation for him in God. Selah But you, O LORD, are a shield about me, my glory, and the lifter of my head. I cried aloud to the LORD, and he answered me from his holy hill. Selah I lay down and slept; I woke again, for the LORD sustained me. I will not be afraid of many thousands of people who have set themselves against me all around. Arise, O LORD! Save me, O my God! For you strike all my enemies on the cheek; you break the teeth of the wicked. Salvation belongs to the LORD; your blessing be on your people! Selah

(Romans 8:28-31) And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified. What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?

It is true that you can not trust your feelings to guide you in the way God wants you to go. It is true that you do not always feel like doing what you know should do. It is also true that you do not always feel the way God wants or intends you to feel but know this: God does intend you to feel and He intends you to feels particular ways.

God loves His people; so much that He gave His only Son--truly He gave Himself--for you. He has had you in His mind and heart since before creation, and he has ordained and superintended all of creation  to bring you to the place where He has you today. God watches over you, He protects you, He guides your every step. He will not let your foot stumble or let you fall. If you trust in Him He will sustain you. God has a plan and a purpose for each of His people and He will see to it that you accomplish yours. Your part is to cooperate with Him in all ways. If you trust in the Lord, there is no need to be afraid; if you are afraid, you are probably not trusting in the Lord.

Do not be afraid of anything today. Feel safe in all that you do today because God is for you and anyone or anything that tries to come against you will ultimately fail.

Questions For Discussion

What is your part in God protecting you and not letting anything outside of His plan happen to you?
Why does God allow His people to have wrong feelings?
How do you turn wrong feelings into right feelings?

No comments:

Persevere in the Faith

(Psalms 18:36-50) You gave a wide place for my steps under me, and my feet did not slip. I pursued my enemies and overtook them, and d...