Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Hold Your Shield High



(Psalms 18:31-35) For who is God, but the LORD? And who is a rock, except our God?-- the God who equipped me with strength and made my way blameless. He made my feet like the feet of a deer and set me secure on the heights. He trains my hands for war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze. You have given me the shield of your salvation, and your right hand supported me, and your gentleness made me great.

(Ephesians 6:16) In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one;

Through your faith you are saved. It is not empty faith, or faith in the cosmos, or faith in something about which you know nothing. It is faith that has been given to you by the almighty, supreme, and sovereign creator; it is faith in Him. There is power in faith but the faith itself does not produce or provide the power; it is He who gives you the faith who is, produces, and provides the power.

Your faith is from God, in God, and for God. Your faith is your shield and your shield is your salvation. Through it you are able to accomplish what God has given you to accomplish, you are able to resist temptation and win every battle against the enemy, you are able to persevere.

Your strength is in your faith but remember that it is not your own faith but the faith God has given you and that the source of your strength is not your faith and the source of your faith is not yourself; it all comes from God. To rely on others is futile because others fail you; to rely on yourself is futile because you fail yourself, but to rely on God is effectual because God never fails.

Walk into every battle today with your shield held high and you will overcome.

Questions For Discussion

Why is a Christian's faith effectual?
What is the source of your strength and your faith?
How do you hold your shield high?

No comments:

Persevere in the Faith

(Psalms 18:36-50) You gave a wide place for my steps under me, and my feet did not slip. I pursued my enemies and overtook them, and d...